See Current Events on the Events page here. Let’s cover our city with prayer!
Wouldn’t it be great if every street and every house in Ottawa was prayed for?
We are encouraging every congregation in Ottawa to mobilize their people to pray a blessing over their neighbours’ homes.
Here are the simple instructions …
1. Choose a specific time in the week and give yourself 20-30 minutes to accomplish your prayerwalk.
2. Step out of your house and walk down your street. Don’t take on too many homes. We suggest 20-30 maximum.
3. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you an alertness to sense what He wants to show you to pray for each home.
4. Bless each home as you slowly walk by and keep your eyes open for extra clues about each house. Eg. Children’s toys.
5. Here are some of the ways you may want to pray for your neighbours.
- Pray for a revelation of our Saviour the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Pray that God would provide Christian friends who can share Jesus with them.
- Pray for healthy marriages and strong family life.
- Pray for financial provision
- Pray for safety and peace over each home.
6. When you are finished and are back home …
- Thank God for the ways He is going to answer your prayers.
- Pray for yourself that you will have a greater compassion for the people on your street.
- Pray for opportunities to serve your neighbours.
7. Log on to our PrayerWalk Ottawa website and follow the instructions to register the street that you have just prayerwalked.
8. Keep in touch with us and share any answers to prayer that you begin to see in the next few months. Check the website for testimonials.
9. Some people will want to start doing this on a regular basis. Consider “adopting your street” as a regular prayer assignment.
*If you live in an apartment building or a condo consider praying for every unit on your floor.
We also have a French version which you can download here.